Sunday 25 October 2009

Add a touch of sparkle!

So I’ve recently been taking a bit of a back seat with the blog! I have unfortunately had two very dull essays to write and have had barely any time to scour my favourite fashion websites! However, after a quick trip home to Nottingham this weekend I of course managed to have a look through my Mum’s old wardrobe. She has finally decided to have a clear out and amongst the rails I found this...


Possibly the most gorgeous dress ever? And guess what...it fits me! I finally have my perfect Vintage find!

My Dad bought this dress for my Mum on a trip to New York in the early 80s. He bought it from a boutique shop in Trump Tower, it is by a make called ‘Caché’.

Wow, ‘do not dry clean’ and ‘do not wash’, very practical indeed!

I’ve been invited to a friend’s 21st in December and the theme is Festive Black Tie, I think this dress will be perfect for it...lots of sparkle, I can’t wait! So after finding this little gem I thought I’d have a look at what sequins are on the high street at the moment and they are everywhere!

Topshop are taking the lead with the most sequins in store, here are my top items:


Sequin front vest, £38, Topshop


Sequin Lace Dress, £65, Topshop.


Flower Sequin Swing Crop Top, £28, Topshop.

Knitted Sequin Cardigan, £85, Topshop. (LOVE IT!)

Here is a photo of my two beautiful friends, Letty (on the left) and Catriona (on the right) before a night out in Leeds.

Both Letty and Cat are equally gorgeous and very stylish girls! I just wanted to show you Letty’s outfit because it’s still in the shops now, you can get her look too! The dress is an example of the more subtle use of sequins on the high street at the moment. It is from Oasis for just £65 and her shoes were £25 from New Look...bargain!

Until next time...

Sophie x


1 comment:

  1. yes to all of it ! It's soooo easy to be inspired by a bit of sparkle ! Thanks and have a fab week

    ReplyDelete