Thursday 25 March 2010

THE PRIMARK EXPERIENCE

Everytime I walk in to Primark I do so without NEEDING to buy anything. I don't go in to look for anything specific as I would when shopping in Topshop or Zara. I go in knowing that the probabilty of walking out with at least three items is very high. You can take risks in Primark. You can be open minded and care free. You don't have to be tied down to a shopping list of 'I need items' because everything, as you all know, is SO cheap! The word cheap could, for some people, be a huge turn off; cheap prices = cheap quality. However, I beg to differ, as I have been wearing and wearing and wearing the same denim Primark shirt for over a year now and it is still in pristine condition, as are the bras I live in, the dressing gown I just can't get out of in the morning and the big, wooly cardigan that has seen me through the whole winter.


Mischa Barton-Playsuit and tights.... not just a trend for the summer!


Last week I waltzed into the colossal Primark branch in Leeds with no longing to buy anything specific but with a very strong intention of buying. I was on an impulse buying, spur of the moment mission taking full advantage of the fact that I could try on mounds of clothes because, at the end of the day, I could afford to walk away with 3 items of clothing costing no more that ten punds each! I headed over to the knitted jumpers first only to find that they were all on sale at no more than £4 each-fantastic! This meant I could walk out with 4 items in my brown paper Primark bag. The excitement lead me on to a rack of playsuits. Up until that moment, playsuits were unconquered fashion ground for me. I had always admired them on other people but never before tried one on, let alone bought one.



Vanessa Hudgens-working boho at its best!


The patterns and colours drew me in and before I knew it I had a handful of six different playsuits longing to be tried on. I couldn't wait any longer, to the changing rooms I strode.


Huge dilemma.
I wanted them all.


But rules are rules...you can only shop in Primark if you buy 3 items or less (4 if one is a sale item).

The next half an hour was spent clambering in and out of and buttoning up and down the selection of playsuits I was now having to eliminate, one by one. The beige and spotty design made me feel very 1950's chic-I BLAME THE POLKA DOTS! The floral print made feel extremely summery-too summery so that one went. I then had to choose between the black and white spots and the plain black. Spots made it through.

Finally, my two favourites. They were so similar but perfect in their own ways. One had to go.....goodbye blue checks!


Blake Lively showing us how summer bright playsuits can really have the WOW factor

Playsuits are great, versatile and fun trend to try out if you haven't already. They do wonders to your figure by clinching in your waist and elongating your legs. Those with dropped necklines are incredibly flattering. Many come in pretty silk fabrics and the patterns on the high street are perfect for this spring. Once again, this is a day and night trend that cannot be overlooked!

I walked out of Primark with two playsuits, one woolen cardigan and a pair of bow print tights in a very happy mood because I had only spent £26.
PHOTOS ON TO COME...my battery conveniently died on me...
Long live my spur of the moment, cheap Primark buys! I'll keep you posted....

Emma x



No comments:

Post a Comment