Tuesday 23 March 2010

If I could have one S/S collection...

...It would have to be Reiss.

Their SPRING/SUMMER LOOKBOOK is DIVINE....I want it all!



It wasn't until this year that I came across Reiss, I guess in past years I'd overlooked it despite hearing endless people wooing over it.


I would have to describe Reiss asbeing a cross between...Zara and FCUK. It incorporates Zara's sophisticated, fitted collections and its essential, basic items with FCUK's fabric, colours and detail.


I knew the first time I walked into the large, light and airy shop in the Victoria Quarter in Leeds that this would/had in a matter of seconds become my favourite store.

However, I'm a student and Reiss is just (well quite a bit in fact) out of my price range.

The silk blouses, chiffon dresses and light blazers will have to wait a few years before I can afford any of them!


If I could describe or epitomise my style in any way I would relate to Reiss' S/S collection.
I love every single piece from the tailored shorts to the incredibly chic and sophisticated bow, hareem trousers. How can anyone resist the fringe trimmed cardigans and not covet over the silk tops, tiered dresses and over sized jackets, not to mention the studded jersey dresses and beautiful, delicate blush blouses.


This is all coming from my memory...the items are lodged lovingly in my memory...

I am going to make Reiss' S/S collection the main influence of my own spring collection. Reiss' lookbook is abundant with light, fresh, floaty materials and airy, clean colours. My S/S look will be feminine and sophistacted. I am going to try an invest a little more money into buying 5 key items-a spring blazer, a pair of hareem pants, a delicate animal print silk top, a nautical skirt and finally a cropped blazer. Perhaps I'll make this more of a wishlist. When I find my perfect (affordable) Reissesque items I promise to post them on the blog!


I've already tracked down one absolutely brilliant nautical skirt which is almost identical to the one in Reiss' collection! Thank goodness for River Island...

Link to skirt..... £21.99.... RIVER ISLAND SKIRT click to view...I know you are interested!

TO SEARCH THROUGH REISS COMPLETE LOOKBOOK VISIT REISS ONLINE

sexy, sophisticated, feminine and chic...what more can you want from a Spring wardrobe??

No comments:

Post a Comment