Thursday 1 April 2010

When in the garden...

No matter how much the rainy English weather tries to prove otherwise, Spring IS on its way. I know this because of the annual reappearance of FLORALS on the catwalk. FLORALS ARE EVERYWHERE.
As the flowers in the garden start preparing to bloom, so do our wardrobes. Florals are a timeless trend-they just will never go out of fashion!Luckily for us, the high street stores are starting to showcase their spring designs bringing beautiful floral dresses to every shop window. The number one store to head to this season for the best flower fabrics is undoubtedly H&M. This season H&M have launched a new line which they have named 'The Garden Collection.'


On first reading about the line on the website I became extremely intrigued to see what designs the collection incorporated. At first, I had visions of welly boots and pleated skirts however, my visions soon became more imaginative and I started envisioning dresses adorned with roses, draped with ivy and embellished with forget-me-knots. Yes, I know my reveries are far from practical and way beyond the boundaries of anything realistic but on seeing the collection, I must admit, the designers at H&M couldn't get much closer to my dreams if they sewed hundreds of sweatpeas onto beautiful silk!






The collection is gorgeous, with delicate spring linens and silks covered in bold, feminine and eye catching floral prints. Don't expect simple, clear flower prints because H&M have come up with some fantastic abstract prints that blurr into their silk backgrounds giving a wash of colour and blended forms.



This dress....makes me speechless...it must be MINE!

I know what you are thinking: How can a Spring collection be much better without a flashy designer label raising its value? Well, I have the perfect answer! The whole collection has been made using enviromentally adapted materials like recycled polyester and organic cotton which means that while looking beautiful in these summer garments you will also be contributing to a more sustainable world.

HOW VERY VERY GREEN OF YOU! SPREAD THE FLOWER LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment