Wednesday 17 March 2010

DESIGN YOUR OWN....


....SKI HAT @ Hats for the Hill

My very insightful friend Lauren told me about this GREAT website over dinner which enables you to design your own unique bobble hat!



A lot of my friends are jetting off to various snow-topped mountains this Easter so I thought this would be a fantastic 'take a look at this' post to dedicate to them. I myself have never been a ski fanatic having rather disastrously demonstrated my lack of skill five years ago with several very embarrassing tumbles. Since that dreaded week spent hurtling over mogles (if that is how you spell them) and healing my aching legs after hours of snow plow I pretty much wrote off skiing altogether.
HOWEVER...
These hats are almost enough to persuade me to give it one last go....
I just spent ages flicking through different colours and styles trying to imagine how I'd look elegantly (this was definitely a dream) gliding (is that the word?) down ski runs with my colourful bobble hat on.

I think I overestimate myself on the ski front but my design skills are certainly promising!

I thoroughly recommend everyone visits the site below...even if you aren't zipping of to a cosy ski lodge this Easter!


The site is so easy to use, with simple design steps that involve using enough creative skill to make you feel like you have contributed a substantial amount to the design of your hat without sending you into a blur of dizzy indecision.

I'm thinking....pink and white stripe with pink, white and yellow plaits and a white and yellow speckled bobble.....PREFECT!

This post if dedicated predominantly to my hatless housemate Olivia who has a brilliant 'vintage' ski suit yearning for a bobble hat. I would have to recommend purple and red stripes, purple and white and red plaits and a purple and red bobble for you Liv! How VERY stylish!


Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment