Sunday 13 December 2009

All in the name of FASHION

Yesterday I travelled the long and very exhausting 5 hour train journey back home from Leeds to Tunbridge Wells. I showed my dedication to fashion by wheeling or, shall I more appropriately say, dragging my uber huge suitcase up hills, through numerous ticket barriers, into taxis, out of taxis, along M25 length train platforms and through my front door. Everyone along the way stared at me sympathetically and numerous businessmen asked if I needed any help with my bags but I passed down all the offers knowing very well that if I agreed I would be faced with the question, 'What on earth have you got in here?' No man would understand my answer-just clothes. I HAD to bring back all my coats because each suffices for different levels of cold, I have my fur, my duffle, my trench and then there is the issue of dresses. I have four 21st birthday parties over Christmas-each requires a different dress and each requires a choice of three potentials-you do the maths.
EEK!
I felt like Cameron Diaz in 'The Holiday' pulling her suitcase in the snow however, I looked far less glamorous and had not just one but four bags all packed to the brim with clothes. I never knew fashion could be so demanding and HEAVY. It was completely worth it though. Despite now having blistered hands and incredibly stiff wrists I can start to enjoy Christmas in Tunbridge Wells in a very fashionable manner!
I do however need to start planning how I am going transport the clothes I brought with me plus the clothes I am ultimately going to buy in Tunbridge Wells. Did I mention, Tunbridge Wells has some brilliant shops, particularly boutiques....

CHRISTMAS LIST

1) A bottomless bag like Mary Poppins (but minus the carpet material!)


Emma


No comments:

Post a Comment